A mother who loss her son way too soon

Today I read a journal entry of a mother who lost her son way too early in life and as her heart is sadden by the loss of her child she also can’t help but to rejoice over the life he lived and the one he is now living. See, he had been raised to understand our Heavenly Father created and chose each of us to fulfill a purpose higher than our own. Michael came to recognize God’s calling and accepted the Lord as his Savior. He understood his life was no longer his to do with as he pleased but to do as God had willed. He sought the desires of his Savior instead of the many pleasures of the world. He showed God’s love, kindness, and mercy in everything he did, including the love of those who were hard to love, those who were just passing by, as well as those who loved him. He lived a life of selflessness and this is where I can’t help but to stop and ask myself, “Am I living a life that exemplifies Christ’s selflessness, compassion, and mercy. Or have I allowed the world’s pleasures to dictate my values and reasoning”?

I can’t imagine the over whelming pain this mother is feeling but I can picture the deep joy she must have knowing her son did exactly what he was called to do in the short time he was here. Michael’s life was a reflection of Jesus and many were blessed as they witnessed him living it each and every day.

So I ask, are you a mirror image of Jesus or have you allowed the world’s image of self-fulfillment and gratification to cloud your heart, mind, and soul - thus making it impossible for you to see or live out your God given purpose?
Disappearing into the worlds arm is so easy to do forgetting about the promise of our heavenly hope, yes the promise from our Father’s Heavenly Hope! As my immediately family learned recently, it is never too late to make that turn from self and the captain’s chair of Satan to the loving wide-open arms of our lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I leave you with: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaeldaniel/journal The link to a mother’s journey filled with thoughts and memories of the son whom she lost way too early in life. I hope you find yourself as aspired as I have been while walking along this path via blog with this amazing woman.

Comments

  1. Awesome post, Vic! Thanks for sharing the heart of a mother...and for honoring Michael's legacy by acknowledging he way he lived his life and the way Donna, Dan and the rest of the family are exemplifying the joy through undeniable pain...and the hope that can only be found when one knows and serves our risen Lord! Hallelujah! I love you much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What’s in your closet?

Why "living Outside the Grey"

A Healthier Me in More Ways than One